Registering a Death
All deaths have to be registered by the Registrar of Births, Marriages and Deaths.
Unless the Coroner is involved, registration should take place within 5 days. We will let you know which Registrar you need to visit and if necessary, make an appointment for you. If you have any difficulties with transport or you would prefer not to go alone, please let us know and we can take you in our courtesy car.
The Registrar will ask you for certain information and it may be helpful for you to jot this down before you go:
– the deceased’s date of birth and place of birth
– their full name
– their occupation or former occupation
– if applicable, their maiden name
– the name and date of birth of a surviving spouse
The Registrar will give you a form for you to send to the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) with any pension or allowance books. You may also be given a green certificate that you will need to pass to us to enable the funeral to proceed.
You will be given the opportunity to purchase copies of the Death Certificate for a small charge and we do advise that you do this, as you will need copies for banks, insurance companies etc.
If you need any assistance with registration, please contact us on 01263 514814.
We are here to help you, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Arranging a Funeral
When you experience a bereavement it can be a very confusing and overwhelming time. Our family and team have been helping families since the 1980’s and have great experience with all our local Churches, Cemeteries and Crematoriums. We will guide you through your choices of location and service and the different facilities and options available to you.
We will make contact with the required Minister or Celebrant and help ensure that your wishes and requests can be met. We will liaise with you and arrange the funeral to make this as personal as possible to you and your family. This includes the following...
- Organising the hymns and any music requests - Designing and printing the order of service booklets - Processing your charitable donation request - Confirming travel arrangements (hearse and limousine) for the date of the service
- Discussing the choices of coffin that are available from our suppliers - Organising your loved one to be dressed in either clothes allocated by you or in one of our gowns
- Arranging a viewing of your loved one in our Chapel of Rest (if required and suitable)
- Organising any flower arrangements with our local florists
- Placing obituaries into a chosen newspaper
- Set up any other requests including webcast, visual tribute, slideshow with the chosen Crematorium
- If a cremation, guide you through the cremated remains options available
- Arrange any other requests including videographer, horse and cart, motorcycle hearse
We will help you to understand the role of the Coroner if involved, help with any questions regarding the registration process and ensure that all third parties are paid in a timely manner. Should you have any questions about making the funeral arrangements, we are available on the following contact telephone number 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - 01263 514814.
We will ensure that you have an estimate of costs sent to you before the funeral takes place outlining all the relevant prices. We will then send a finalised invoice once the funeral has taken place with a payment period of 7 days. If at any time you have any queries regarding the estimate or invoice, please get in touch with us to discuss with a member of our team. We do not take any direct deposits towards an estimate or invoice, all payments can be made within 7 days of the invoice date.